Stephen Frost discussing How to Build an Inclusive Organisation but focusing on five areas:
- Strategy – Focusing on the whole strategy of the organisation – not just the D&I work. The strategy requires a plan
- Data – It is important to understand how to use Inclusion is necessary to understand diversity data – leading to the creation of targets on how to include diversity in the organisation
- Governance – How are you going to hold people accountable?
- Leadership – Often confused with Management. Leadership is about push the norms – Do as I do not just as I say!
- Systems – Often invisible parts of the organisation behind the scenes (recruitment, marketing etc) – all of which contain bias. This area is about sustainability of the journey
Once these five areas are in place, you are on your way to building an inclusive organisation. We need to understand where the leadership is regarding understanding, leading and delivering this work.
Building an Inclusive Organization
Stephen Frost discussing How to Build an Inclusive Organisation focusing on five areas.
The Legacy: London’s 2012 Paralympic Games
The LOCOG D&I team produced this promotional film to capture the importance of diversity and inclusion at the London Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012
Whitehall & Industry Group
Whitehall & Industry Group Conference 2016
Stephen Frost gives a keynote at the Whitehall & Industry Group’s annual conference outlining the importance of the three essential components (understand, lead and deliver) as crucial when delivering an effective diversity and inclusion strategy.